The role is to be involved within a joint venture/ project teams to develop and contribute to Building Information models (BIM) with a focus on civil and general drawing.
Key RESPONSIBILITIES include and are not limited to:
- Developing 3D models using packages such as Bentley AECOSim and Openplant for the water and wastewater industry.
- Develop sheet files from BIM models.
- Further development of the BIM to include navigator and Navisworks models and the use of tools within such as clash detection, construction sequencing, etc.
- Attending the team design meetings when required.
- General CAD support to various tasks for the UU CDP framework/ WEM framework and TEAM 2100.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Familiar with the following design authoring packages: Bentley AECOSim or Civils 3D, AutoDesk 2013/15 or Bentley MicroStation.
- Experienced in the use of Bentley ProjectWise.
- Able to support other members of the team as required.
- Experienced in working within the water and waste water industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Motivated and enthused member of the team.
- Proven experience of delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process.
- Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
- Capable of reviewing deliverable work of others in own engineering discipline for conformance with project standards and correctness. Is innovative in meeting deliverable deadlines and in adhering to assigned scope of work.
- Demonstrates excellent design automation skills. Is a practitioner of advanced design automation techniques and leads others in adopting those techniques.
- Proficient in checking your own work and coordinating work with related disciplines.
- Takes responsibility for their portion of the discipline's scope, schedule and budget. Continued demonstration of reliability and accountability for own work products. Meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems and tools within their own discipline; embraces emerging technologies.