The Business Development Interm will integrate in the Water & Sanitation Unit business development cycle supporting the Project Manager BDU and Head of Unit in the achievement of the commercial objectives of the Unit.
The main activities to be implemented will be:
- Identification of projects / business opportunities through follow up of Data Bases of Multilateral/Bilateral Institutions and analysis of programming documentation.
- Writing Expression of Interests and support to the drafting of Technical Proposals (Spanish, English)
- Identification of partners for specific projects
- Identification of Experts
- Support to fact-finding trips preparation when required
Training and education:
- Degree in Engineering
- Fluent in English (profidency level)
- Perfect use of MS Office and Internet searching skills
- Knowledge of at least two topics below: 1. Water Governance and Policy Development, 2. Water Management and Finance, 3. Water & Global Challenges (Water-Energy-Food Security nexus), 4. Water & Sanitation Engineering , 5. Water resources management.
- Project Cycle Management of Technical Assistance A Projects
- Compulsory: English and Spanish at proficiency level
- Complementary: French
- Analytical skills
- Capacity to work on tight schedule and meet deadlines
- Capacity to simultaneously manage multiple programmes / projects.
- Planning and time management skills
- Organised and systematic
- Keen to learn and assume responsibilities
- Team worker
Professional experience:: 0-1 years of overall working experience
- Working experience with ODA funded projects (EU, WB, IADB, ADB, etc.)
- Some contact with Public institutions: Government (M. of Water & Public Works), Water Utility, Multilateral & Bilateral Aid Development Agency
- Engineering & Consulting companies