Sulzer is a global leader in the development and supply of centrifugal pumps to selected industries, mainly oil and gas, hydrocarbon processing, water&wastewater, power generation as well as pulp and paper.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Satisfy internal and external customers by generating prompt and accurate budgetary tenders that addresses their specific requirements and are in line with the segment business plan and strategy.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Support Sales early-phase works on key projects by providing them with competitive pump selections.
- Prepare budgetary tenders of engineered pumps for the Water and Wastewater market, such as desalination plants, water transport schemes, large irrigation and wastewater projects.
- Transfer the projects to assigned Legal Entity when they become firm inquiries, providing the respective support.
- Outline possible technical solutions and selected the most competitive equipment for any given project by interacting with the Advanced Engineering at various locations.
- Provide support to Sales' firm tenders on strategic projects.
- Provide training to Sales on specific technical subjects / products.
- In cooperation with EW Portfolio Manager, collect data, analyze and report findings on competitor's products and activities.
- Coordination of visits to key customer in cooperation with local Sales Offices.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Three year experience in related industry.
- Analytical thinker, who enjoys to handle complex projects that often have a long term perspective but require short term action, with a creative "out-of-the-box" thinking, capable to create value adding solutions and alternatives to customers based on the understanding of their application requirements.
- Full command of English is a must. Fluency in French and / or German is an advantage.
- Availability for travelling.