The Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project (PMBP), approximately 40 km south west of Dhaka, comprises a new fixed crossing of the Padma River in Bangladesh, which will consist of a bridge approximately 6.15km long, major river training works and approximately 13.6 km of approach roads and bridge-end facilities, including toll plazas, service areas and offices. The main bridge structure component would carry a 4-lane highway, and have provisions for future installation of a single track dual guage rail line as well as other facilities including gas, power transmission and tele-communication lines. The River Training Works Component comprises both in North & South Bank. North bank total length is around 1.5 km along the river bank and horizontal projection towards the river is around 170m. South bank total length is around 12km along the river bank and horizontal projection towards the river is around 180m.
- Responsible for the managements of River Training Work (RTW) and supervising activities
- Review the detailed design of RTW
- Review the contractors work plan, schedules and proposal of RTW
- Review the contractors payments and cost contaol of RTW
- Implement the QC/ QAmeasure on site of RTW
- Review Monthly/ Quarterly Progress Report of RTW
- Assist the Client in claims submitted by the Contractor
- Write/Review Substantial/ Final/ Contract Completion Reports/Certificate of RTW
- Train BBA and other parties engineers
- Transfer the innovative or creative technique knowledge
- Liaise and get feedback to the Client
- Assist the Project Manager
- Preferably 10 years’ International experience as Deputy Team Leader/ Resident Engineer in similar projects like Padma Bridge of Bangladesh.
- Experience in construction supervision of large scale river training work in large river like Padma of Bangladesh as Resident Engineer/ Project Engineer.
- Experience as Deputy Team Leader/Resident Engineer in large civil infrastructure funded by international financiers will be an advantage.
Global Water Jobs is a career development website specialised in water management and related disciplines on a global scale. If you are interested in the above position please send your CV in pdf or word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject, please indicate “DEPUTY – RTW - BANGLADESH”