- Assume responsibility for handling all testing required in pipe laboratory, ensuring that all samples are tested to international standards and the results reported.
- Be involved with material characterisation programs for pipe grades.
- Assist with pipe qualification and performance approval programs according to international standards, market need and customer requirements.
- Involved with developments project to fit specific application requirements and meet the deliverables of the project.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers and clients in terms of problem solving and know-how transfer.
- Assist with delivering technical training programs about testing and qualification to customers and marketing staff.
- In coordination with the Operation and QA in projects related to continuous development and quality optimisation programs of the pipe grades.
- Prepare procedures and work instruction relevant to the Pipe Laboratory according to the internal management system of the centre.
- Contribute in the internal EHS&S audits of the centre.
- Prepare technical reports, internal documentations and analytical studies about the pipe testing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pipe manufacturing industry and R&D activities. Graduate with in Polymer science, Materials science or engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline. Have the advanced knowledge about:
- Theoretical understanding and practical hands on experience of Plastic pipe testing including pressure testing, slow crack growth resistance, rapid crack propagation, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of pipe testing standards including type testing and water quality regulations.
- Structural and scientific approach to R&D projects, product development (gated stages), qualification techniques (PPAP, FMEA and SPC).
- Long term performance evaluation and qualification of plastic pipe for various applications.
- Characterisation of material properties including rheological, structural, thermal and mechanical analyses.
- Pipe material additives, stabilisers and modifiers according to the process and application requirements.