Our client, consolidated multinational company specialized in engineering activities is seeking for a Quality and Environmental Engineer, the position will be based on Berlin.
Depending on the Quality and Environmental Manager, he verifies that on site civil execution development meets quality criteria, following contractual requirements, IEC and contractor procedures.
- Run a quality check on the civil work and assembly of plant systems following project requirements.
- Assure and Maintain. Quality Control Dossier for Civil Work, test certificates for the systems to be included in the Transfer Dossier for delivery to the Commissioning Group, including the Pending List.
- Analyze the standards, procedures, technical specifications and carry out the programme and work schedule for the inspections to be carried out.
- Review the procedures emitted by the different organizations working on the construction and assembly activities, verifying that they follow the standards and specifications for the project.
- Prepare the technical documentation relating to quality control which can be applied whilst executing the work.
- Verify that the tests and measurements indicated in the contractors' quality plans are carried out and that they are in accordance with the approved procedures.
- Monitor the tests and trials on site and those which, due to their characteristics, have to be carried out off site, in pre-fabrication workshops, checking that the results obtained are satisfactory.
- Participate in drawing up the transfer dossiers for units and systems mounted on the commissioning equipment, providing records of tests and trials carried out by the contractors.
- Produce periodic reports on the supervised work when the immediate supervisor requests one.Provide information for IEC quality monitoring documents for contractor control.
- Supervise the contractors as to ensure that their work complies with the Project requirements. Review the contractors' execution procedures and make sure they are followed. Establish periodic monitoring meetings with the contractor' s QAQC civil inspectors
- Inform the Quality and Environment Manger about the work's development.
- Propose changes to inspections, checks and tests depending on how the process work is developing.
- Review results from inspections carried out by contractors.
- Define how the required test will be carried out in order to comply with technical and contractual requirements.
- Assure the correct dossier preparation by contractors and keep the archive updated in matters referring to quality for client submittal
- Review and check the contractor's quality plans, procedures and IPPs.(ITPs)
- Make sure that the processes start with the required documentation. Carry out periodic Quality audits to site contractors.
- High German level is a must.
- Desirable high English level
- Experience working on combined cycle or thermosolar plants as quality engineer.
- Residence in Germany
- Autonomous and trusting person