Provides strategic coordination of Philanthropy functions for the Monterrey Metropolitan Water Fund (FAMM) Campaign with a goal of raising 24 million USD over the next three years
- Reports to the Director of Philanthropy for Mexico and Northern Central America (MNCA) and has a dotted reporting line to the Executive Director of the FAMM
- Supports the FAMM Executive Director in providing liaison with the primary partner for the FAMM –FEMSA Foundation to design and coordinate the fundraising strategy and fundraising activities, such as events and engagements.
- Supports the Director of Philanthropy, the FAMM Executive Director, the MNCA Conservation Program Director and other Senior Leadership (including senior leaders from FEMSA Foundation) in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors
- Conducts meetings with both existing and new donors and prospects to determine capacity for major gifts. (Individually or in support of senior philanthropy/conservation leadership.)
- Moves major gift ‘suspects’ to prospect pool for management by senior fundraising staff and integration into the Moves Management process.
- Works on a variety of activities including providing program information to prospects and drafting routine correspondence and acknowledgments.
- Maintains and strengthens existing relationships with the current donor portfolio
- Uses the fundraising management system (FMS) to update donor information, produce reports, perform analysis, and track and cultivate donors.
- Responsible for researching and developing donor prospects and opportunities with key individuals, foundations, corporate and public partnerships aligned to FAMM’s key objectives.
- Assists with asking for and closing major gifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, international policy, development policy, administration or related fields and minimum 4 years’ related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
- Experience in managing and tracking, multiple prospects and donors.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English.
- 4 - 6 years’ related work experience in the solicitation of major gifts.
- Demonstrated ability of cultivating and soliciting major gifts or other direct fundraising experience of $100k or more.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with foundations, private and corporate donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, including effective presentation, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership capability, including working in multidisciplinary teams in a non-hierarchical manner.
- Proven ability to engage and collaborate with individuals across diverse disciplines, cultures and backgrounds to achieve shared goals.
- Work experience in an international and multi-site organization.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills, presence, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff internally and externally to the organization.
- Ability to synthesize and articulate relevant information to help inform and shape engagement with key donors in a strategic manner
- Defines work structure from a high-level understanding of project scope (segments and phases) for major activities; assigns tasks evenly across resources and measures performance; ensures efficiency of project team; effectively manages and overviews execution. Well-developed written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail and familiarity with donor databases.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Desired knowledge of fundraising in the Mexican context
- Interest and/or knowledge of international policies related to sustainable development, conservation, biodiversity and natural resource management.