The ideal candidate will be responsible for negotiating contract terms and conditions, focused on engineering, construction and procurement (EPC) and long term independent power producer (IPP) contracts, as well as associated partnership (joint venture, project development) agreements; while assessing and managing business risk both at external and internal level.
This position will form part of the International Contracts & Risk Management team, as a key player in the Business Development of the organisation.
Current project work including power, solar, ethanol, water, and environment contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To represent the company and to be directly involved in bidding and contract negotiations with clients and other stakeholders.
- To review and to analyze bidding and contractual documentation with a focus on technical guarantees (completion, performance).
- To assess business/contractual risks, to produce and submit risk analysis in order to inform and seek appropriate approval from corporate and board levels before bid submission and contract execution.
- During bid preparation: working with functioning discipline areas (planning, purchasing, finance, engineers, operations, marketing & sales, etc.) as the key point of contact regarding contractual and partnerships provisions to prepare internal reports to headquarters (team and corporate levels).
Qualification and skills:
- 4 year bachelor's degree most preferably in Engineering.
- 3 to 7 years of professional experience, and specifically with 3+ years of negotiations experience of infrastructures, engineering or construction contract documents preferably within energy, water and/or renewables sectors.
- Knowledge of basic legal concepts, and common contract terms and conditions.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written level; and ability to communicate at different levels as well as with different functions (Sr. Management, engineers, lenders, technical advisers).
- Self motivated, proactive and trustworthy professional with the ability to operate on his/her own direction.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.