Our client is a specialist Environmental and Engineering Consultancy which specialises in Flood Risk and Hydrology, is searching for a Graduate Flood Risk Consultant to be based in Reading.
- Flood Risk / Hydrology experience
- It is essential that applicants have a strong BSc and/or MSc in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Hydrology or Geography and have knowledge of Water Resources, Water Quality, Flood Risk Assessments and Hydrological Assessments/modelling.
Applicants are also required to have a valid driving license and knowledge of Map Info and ArcGIS.
It is also beneficial for applicants to have experience working within a Consultancy setting and have an awareness of FEH Techniques, Hec-Ras and/or Environmental Impact Assessments.
Typically the role will involve the following;
- -Flood Risk Assessments.
- Water Quality Assessments.
- Hydrological Assessments.
- Surface Water and Catchment Management Plans.
- Flood Risk Maps using ArcGIS.
- Flood Risk and Hydrological Modelling using FEH, ISIS and Hec-Ras.
- Hydrological and Hydraulic analysis of sites.
- Property Level Flood Protection Surveys.
- Topographic Surveys.
- Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Frequent liaison with Senior Engineers, Private Sector Clients and Local Authorities.
This role comes offers a competitive salary, training courses and career development.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.