To prepare and support electrical tender, outline and detailed design solutions associated with the UU CDP framework.
Our Controls System Engineering career can provide you with an opportunity to work on exciting municipal and industrial projects. Our Control Systems Group offers a comprehensive suite of products and services. We are a full service provider of facility automation services that span the full life cycle of facility automation implementation, from conceptual planning, design, and integration, through installation, testing, start-up, and post commissioning services.
Each day you will be an important part of the team as you complete a variety of technical tasks in the design, programming, and support of water / wastewater treatment facilities control systems. You should be able to lead a design team, think on your feet, and multi-task effectively. Our work is frequently complex, proprietary, and requires strong technical skills as well as excellent communication skills. You should be a self-motivated professional with significant experience of DCS/PLC design and programming, possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil Engineering or Information Technology, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new facility automation project.
- Delivering projects in English.
- Provide control systems leadership for public and private sector water and wastewater clients in our local office, at client sites, and other CH2M HILL offices.
- Lead facility automation business development efforts for the North West.
- Work as part of a team and independently to evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Make recommendations for control systems' design, upgrade, and improvement.
- Assist senior design process engineers as needed on large complex projects.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Travel as needed for projects to support business development, design, implementation, start-up and maintenance of projects in the UK.
- Maintain a mindset of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines.
- Mentor and develop team engineers and technicians.
- Continued Professional Development.
Candidates should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience in facility automation design and integration.
- Instrumentation selection and design.
- Network design.
- SCADA system design experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC programming.
- Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens SCADA programming.
- Experience with network and communication devices.
- Field start-up experience.
- I&C and SCADA control panel design, fabrication, and testing experience.
Minimum qualification requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Chartered Status.
- Experience in the design and programming of major brands of DCS/PLC and SCADA products for municipal or industrial type facilities.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Able to travel and support control system start-ups, typical travel expectation is 15% but may require up to 50% at times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, able to convey complex technical information in user friendly terms to a diverse audience.
- UK Water Industry experience in design according to UK codes and standards