Our client, an important Qatari company specialized in construction and infrastructures, is looking for a Project/ Senior Project Engineer.
Co-ordination and management the implementation of major construction projects for Surface and Ground Water Drainage Networks to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
- Coordinate with the Consultant and Contractor on materials approval matters.
- Liaise with other Authorities and Statutory Bodies. Advise on contractual and construction matters.
- Liaise with Consultants to approve Contractor's submittals.
- Identify new and improved materials and methods.
- Monitor quality of works onsite.
- Issue quality notices and follow-up results.
- Coordinate to Issue additional drawings etc. as required.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of Project Management Consultant.
- Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Maintain accurate submittal logs.
- Support Consultant's on quality-related matters.
- Resolves issues arising out of project under construction.
- Reviews and comments on contract documentation at pre-contract stage.
- Participates in teams in carrying out tender evaluation of construction and post-contract supervising consulting contracts, to submit reports to the Tender Committees.
- Confirms Recommendation for Payment to Contractors and Post-Contract Supervision Consultants for submitting to Finance Department.
- Support PWA business improvement initiatives and Continuous Improvement.
- Work Contacts Tasks
- Internal contact with other Project Engineers/Senior Project Engineers to coordinate common policy, method of working and to share knowledge and experience.
- Internal, periodical contact with Senior Management to discuss significant issues on progress of construction contracts.
- nternal, frequent contact with Roads Affairs Projects Department staff to manage / liaise on infrastructure works carried out under Roads Affairs Contracts.
- Internal, routine liaison with Asset Affairs Drainage Operations and Maintenance to ensure proper engagement in project development, during construction, commissioning and handover.
- External, frequent contact with Contractors and Consultants to review progress and management of works under construction.
- External routine contact with Statutory Authorities, Landowners and other Stakeholders to secure support and necessary Consents and Licences
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited University. A Master's degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for five years of experience. Chartered status and a member of a recognized professional institution would be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years (15 years for Senior position) of demonstrable experience in supervision and management of large-scale civil construction projects with particular emphasis on surface and ground water, storm water management projects, drainage networks, infrastructure and environmental projects, monitoring all the project aspects to achieve the proper management and construction compliance with the specifications and quality requirements.
- Minimum (5) years in a similar leading role in an infrastructure project and possess the aptitude to manage directing, planning, and coordinating all administrative and fiscal aspects of the projects.
- Ideally have experience within Micro-tunneling works or similar trenchless technology.