To prepare and support structural design for UU CDP and WEM frameworks.
- Delivering projects in English
- Preparing and supporting structural tender/ outline/ detailed design solutions in accordance with programme and budget constraints
- Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design
- Liaison with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines
- Mentoring and development of team engineers and technicians
- Participation in foreign business trips
- Continued Professional Development
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept, tender, preliminary engineering design solutions and detailed designs of projects-
- Undertake complex analysis using computer modelling and hand calculations.
- Proven and demonstrable competent in structural engineering for the water industry.
- To prepare structural designs, technical reports and technical specifications.
- Experienced in the design of steel structures and concrete structures.
- Ability to organize and provide direction on a number of concurrent activities simulataneously.
- Communicate with project teams, internal clients, stakeholders and external clients as appropriate.
- Build relationships with colleagues and internal/ external clients.
- Minimum - BEng in relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Established track record in structural engineering design.
- UK Water Industry experience in design according to UK codes and Eurocodes
- Design and construction experience in a multidisciplinary, multi-company environment, preferred.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.