If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a WASH Specialist to be responsible for overall planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the WASH Programme with focus to knowledge management, M&E and capacity building to government and other sector stakeholders including NGOs. The SM will be based at UNICEF offices and support counterparts at national and provincial levels.
- Advanced university degree in Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Water Resource Management or a related technical field.
- Eight (8) years progressive responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in WASH programme planning and management in a related field with emphasis on overall management of strategic planning, leadership, coordination and hygiene/sanitation behavior change communication.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English required.
- Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields, including knowledge in the development of school and health facility based water supply and sanitation technologies and hygiene promotion/behavior change communication.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and manage programmes, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills.
- Leadership, supervisory and managerial skills.
- Good analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.