Our client, AGUAS DE VALENCIA GROUP, is seeking international long-term experts to join a multidisciplinary Project Team, capable to fully comply with the requirements of a three year technical assistance and management contract for the Water Utility of the Province of Huila - WUPH (Angola). The Project objective is to assist the WUPH to manage the water supply service of the city of Lubango (Angola). They will be based in Lubango.
We are looking for Water Sector Senior Experts. The specific positions required are the following:
General Management of the provincial level utility. Oversee the utility's financial and commercial status. Manage the services contract and write monthly and quarterly technical and progress reports.
COMMERCIAL AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT EXPERT
Overall commercial and financial management. Manages all metering, billing and collecting tasks. Supervise revenue management. Manages utility's customer service.
OPERATION AND ENGINEERING EXPERT
Manage the day-to-day operations of the water facilities. Writes monthly and annual forecast for chemicals, fuel and other supplies. Provides engineering and technical advice for system's planning and operation. Coordinate all technical issues relating to the water supply system. Manage all preventative & corrective maintenance activities. Write the Maintenance Master Plan, yearly plans and budgets.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent.
- MD or PHD would be regarded as an asset.
- Fluent written and spoken English, and Spanish or Portuguese.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in water utilities.
- Relevant experience in operating and managing a water utilities in developing countries.
- Profound knowledge of the economic and socio-cultural context in developing countries (Africa or similar).
- Wide strategic and tactical views both for designing specific.
- Excellent capability/skills for working jointly in close collaboration with provincial/central public administration and state-owned utility counterparts and local stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Proven experience in project/task management skills, and in overseeing/controlling water utility management and functioning.
- Desirable previous work experience and deep knowledge of IFI's consultancy programmes, methods and procedures (World Bank, U.E., AfDB, UNO, etc.).