Coordination and implementation of infrastructure and construction projects, from tender and bid evaluation through construction.
- Meet with other coordinating department staff to determine construction projects intent and scope of work and establishes preliminary requirement for construction projects, ensuring construction activities compliance with project, local and international standard.
- Participate in project evaluation team composed within the organizations as well with other authorities and consultants to facilitate on the advancement of construction projects through various phases of implementation.
- Participate in design and construction review on proposal submitted from design consultant and assist in identifying construction issues related.
- Assist Design Department in the reviewing and feedback of design consultant submission. Offer technical and construction advice to Infrastructure Affairs - Design Department to identify pre construction issue.
- Assist in the reviewing and preparation of tender document, ensuring compliance with project objective and standard;
- Bids and tenders evaluation. Analyze consultants and contractors quotation, technically and commercially.
- Oversee the execution and administration of complex constructions and services contracts.
- Handle multiple construction projects simultaneously and judges in prioritizing work assignments, thus ensuring works assignment meet scheduled deadlines;
- Coordinate, delegate and negotiate with contractors and consultants to resolve disputes fairly within the projects legal means.
- Handle claims and variation orders through negotiation, conciliations, mediation and arbitration to achieve construction objectives.
- Preparation, review and submission of projects financial and budgetary analysis, reports and recommendations on a timely manner.
- Analyse and resolve complex and sensitive construction problems on site to meet objectives.
- Constant liaison with OM department to facilitate handling and taking over of project sites.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a health, quality and assurance system.
- Liaise with other authorities and government agencies and utilities providers before and during construction phase to ensure construction objectives are met.
- Perform evaluation on contractors, consultants and future employees, thus to ensure qualified and suitable personnel are employed to meet department objective.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience with emphasis on Sewerage, Drainage and Waste Management;
- Experience in working for governmental entities in the areas of Sewerage or Wastewater or for major consultants in big sewerage construction and sewerage network projects.
- Ability to speak and write in English.