POSITION TITLE: Project Manager for Project Implementation Section
DEPARTMENT: Water & Sanitation Unit
REPORTING: Head of Water & Sanitation Unit
PROMOTION: to Head of PIU within the Water & Sanitation Department.
LOCATION: Madrid. Extensive travelling abroad required.
POSITION TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Project Implementation responsibilities. Support from Headquarters and in the field to the Team of Experts implementing a large Technical Assistance Project recently awarded to ACE International Consultant. These duties may entail between others:
- Implementation of Technical Assistance Projects using PMIT (Project Management Information Tool)
- Extensions, addenda & up selling of TA Services
- Quality Control Plan: design and implementation
- Backstopping visits
- Logistic and organizational support
Budget & Financial Management of Projects
- On time Project Budget execution supervision and improvement
- Budget control, reallocation proposal if necessary
- Supporting Documents Control
- Invoicing follow up and support to Controller
- Increase profit margin whenever possible
Control, Supervision and Reporting
- Expert’s Reports Supervision / Revision
- Preparation of Progress Reports including format
- Control deadlines and technical quality of reports
- Supervise reporting, including format presentation and budget /financial aspects
- Identify, negotiate and sign up LT and ST experts
- Close contact with Team Leaders / LT & ST Experts
- Experts support and monitoring
- Supervise formal aspects of their work
Clients & Beneficiaries & Consortia partners
- Contractual issues, current contract extension addendum
- Close contact with Client Representatives & Local Beneficiaries
- Contractual issues
- Information & Communications
Audit & Closing Down procedures
- Quarterly/Half Year / End of Project Auditing supervision
B. Support to the Business Development Unit within the Water & Sanitation Department. Under the direction of the Head of the Water & Sanitation Department support the identification, preparation and tendering of other potential projects in the regions/countries where ACE is active.
- Compulsory knowledge required. Water & Sanitation sector knowledge both from a technical and an institutional perspective. Formal training in Engineering compulsory plus Project Management certification/experience desiderable. Knowledge of IFIs procedures (EuropeAid, IADB, WB, MCC, FDIC, etc.)
- Languages: Proficiency in English. French and Portuguese at advanced level. Proficient MS office & internet.
- Compulsory experience requested 3+ years of overall working experience in water consulting and/or engineering. 2+ years in foreign markets. Experience working in Africa or with African counterparts.
- Preferable experience 2+ years of specific working experience in aid development projects. Public institutions: Government (M. of Water & Public Works), Water Utility, multilateral & bilateral donors. Engineering & Consulting Company. Desiderable experience
- Personal Skills: Excellent Communication skills. Capacity to work in different cultural environments and result-oriented. Capacity to work on tight schedule, meet deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple programmes / projects.
- Capacity to meet deadlines and to follow several programmes of different nature. Planning & time management skills. Persistent controlling attitude re: documentation collection from the field
- Strong Teamwork-prone skills oriented. Availability for Backstopping Travel to projects is often necessary. Negotiation skills
- Pro-active attitude to foresee project risks and mitigate their effects