The National irrigation Service (SENARI) is a decentralized unit of the Environment and Water Ministry, which includes the National School for Irrigation. The service is regional offices in seven departments. Shaping the Future near by SENARI's aim is to develop irrigation in Bolivia together with irrigation farmers considering their costumes and rights. The advisory will contribute to strengthen SENARI's role as a training centre for farmers and technical staff in efficient water use. The assignment is integrated in the GIZ project PROAGRO III. One of the project's aims is to promote innovative agricultural production practices under irrigation. SENARI and the School for Irrigation realize training courses in various departments for farmers and technical staff. These courses shall be integrated into the national educational system.
Assignment period 2 years
- Support to develop training courses for technical staff in in assistance for irrigation organizations and efficient water use in irrigation systems.
- Assistance to prepare profiles and curricula for training of trainers in irrigation system management.
- Support to develop and apply a monitoring system for learning results and their use.
- Systematization and consideration of good practices in trainings about efficient management of irrigation systems
- Coordination with the Ministry of Education and educational centres.
- At least six years of experience in management of irrigation systems
- Knowledge and experiences in training of farmers and technical staff.
- Experiences in practices for efficient water use.
- Driving License
- Good Spanish skills
- Experience and knowledge in gender sensible assistance.
- Knowledge in training based on