Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of a major water resource and energy Design-Build-Operate-Finance (DBOF) project with the primary responsibility to ensure that the owners objectives for the project are accomplished at the desired quality within schedule and budget. The project objectives are to be accomplished individually as well as through the work of team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English. Accurately and readily performing translations will be routine. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10-15 years of extensive experience in managing major design-build projects (over $100 Million) with general project management skills related to construction and operation of water resources infrastructure
- Operations experience or utility management experience is preferred
- Solid working knowledge or budgeting, sales, business and strategic planning
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to readily and routinely travel between the US, Colombia and throughout Latin America
Essential functions and responsibilities include the following along with other duties as assigned:
- Plans, directs and executes the engineering work associated with the development of water, wastewater, and energy infrastructure projects including preparation of feasibility studies, acquisition of permits/licenses, and design of facilities.
- Experience in or the ability to manage projects that include an operations component is important.
- The project includes; wells, infiltration ponds, treatment facilities, storage reservoirs, and water distribution systems (potable and non-potable). Energy includes renewable energy projects such as biogas recovery with electricity production with heat recovery.
- Reviews project goals and requirements to determine schedule, budget, activity breakdown, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of each project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing chart for each project activity, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel and for overseeing team performance and managing personnel performance.
- Monitors and manages all subcontractor work progress and quality.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Reviews and/or prepares status reports, Gantt charts, CPM analysis and project schedules and develops action plans, as required, in order to maintain progress on project.
- Coordinates and oversees regulatory compliance matters in all facets of government, customer and regulatory requirements including environmental health and safety.
- Prepares project reports for management, client or others.
Directly supervises multiple employees including engineers, scientists, construction managers, accounting, safety and other administrative functions. It is anticipated that there will be up to 6 primary reports with 40 or more indirect reports plus subcontractor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.