Our client is an important multinational with pan-European operations, dedicated to the design and production of solutions for the sustainable use of water.
They are currently present in over 25 countries and has production sites around the world. Their solutions are sold globally thanks to their solid sales network and the support of their 3'700 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the Audit Manager and Audit Director, the Senior Auditor is a supervisory position within the Corporate Audit Group. The Senior Auditor, as team leader, will conduct financial and operational reviews and operations. You will interact with financial and business operations.
Within 3 to 4 years of assuming this role, the Senior Auditor is anticipated to be a candidate for another position of broader responsibility within our company's Corporate Audit organization, operating segments or the corporate group. The future finance leaders will emerge from Corporate Audit.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for:
- Carry out the vision and mission of Corporate Audit to implement a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate risk and controllership
- Lead teams of 2-4 auditors in conducting financial, operational and compliance audits
- Provide supervision and coaching of less experienced team members aimed at facilitating the completion of audits and developing the less experienced team members' auditing skills
- Review and evaluate compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Identify and clearly define, audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented.
- Promote zero tolerance control environment where fraud or noncompliance is unacceptable and difficult to conceal
- Actively participate in and oversee the audit planning, execution and wrap up processes
- Review audit work papers and reports
- Provide concise and meaningful updates to Corporate Audit leadership and the business management team
- Actively participate in Global initiatives aimed at improving Corporate Audit's processes and procedures
- Required travel domestically and internationally averaging 50-60%
We are looking for someone with the following experience, qualifications and skills:
- Have 4 to 6 years of related experience, of which at least 2 years was in an audit role
- Proficiency in personal computer skills including Microsoft WORD and EXCEL usage
- Have a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent; highe-degreed candidates are encouraged to apply
- Possess the drive and qualifications to obtain certified public accountancy or internal auditing certifiations within a short period of time after joining us
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment that strives to exceed expectations
- Interact well with different people and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have excellent coaching skills and can contribute to the staff auditors' professional development