The Project Officer will contribute to the delivery of the work programme as part of the WFN Team, in association with WFN partners and with lead responsibility for specific projects and initiatives. S/he will contribute to project delivery, e.g., the application of Water Footprint Assessment (WFA) in the textile or other sectors and/or catchments or river basins.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project implementation including:
o Data compilation, validation and use of WFA
o Performing background literature study in support of database development and project reports
o Completing WFA calculations, assessment and interpretation and delivering technical assistance in WFA
o Writing and reviewing reports
o Managing administrative aspects of project delivery
o Developing project concepts, proposals and work plans
o Sharing and disseminating learning from projects
- Deliver face-to-face and online Water Footprint training and engagement activities including:
o Participation in training events, webinars, conferences, seminars, workshops
o Preparation of training and presentation materials
o Delivery of training courses and presentations
o Evaluation and follow up from training and engagement activities
- Contribute to WFN partner activities including:
o Maintaining regular communications through email and phone
o Planning and organizing WFN partner meetings
o Contributing to a practitioner’s community
o Facilitating working groups or other ad hoc partner activities
- Represent WFN through:
o Participation in sounding boards, working groups or other contributing groups
o Attending and presenting at meetings, conferences and other fora
o Responding to various issues and debates in our social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
The Project Officer is part of the Water Footprint Network Team which works together to deliver all activities of Water Footprint Network. The Project Officer will be supervised by the Programme Director. S/he is responsive to the Water Footprint Network Partners.
For this exciting position, we are looking for an energetic, amiable person, with high professional standards who can handle technical content, can write technical reports (in English) and can manage complex relationships. S/he can inspire others to take actions in alignment with the Water Footprint Network’s mission. Ideally, s/he will be able to work well with both the public and private sector due to an understanding of the environmental, social and economic perspectives of sustainable water use. By joining the Water Footprint Network Team, the candidate will be a leader in Water Footprint studies and will need to bring critical thinking, excellent people skills, dedication and enthusiasm to the position.
- Master degree and 2-3 years of experience in water quality, water resources, environmental sciences, ecology, engineering or related field
- Strong technical skills, quick comprehension of concepts and ability to implement them
- Attention to detail and ability to manage and contribute to complex projects
- Excellent communication skills in English – writing, speaking and listening, other languages a plus
- Excellent time management, ability to manage competing demands with grace and to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team and to carry projects forward independently
- Experience working in an international context and ability to work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Willingness to travel intermittently
- Proven commitment to the Water Footprint Network’s mission
- Permission to work in the Netherlands or TBD location preferred
For more information about this job offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Officer” in the subject heading.