ACCIONA Agua is recruiting a Safety Officer for a Project in Doha (Qatar). The main functions are:
- Promote occupational health and safety within the Project and develop safer and healthier ways of working.
- Ensure that workplaces conform with organizational procedures and safety standards.
- Work with engineers and other professionals to ensure the safety of worksites and work practices.
- Ensure personal protective equipment is being used in workplaces according to regulations.
- Identify and test work areas for potential accident and health hazards and implement appropriate control measures.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation.
- Record and report hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues within the workplace
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial action
- Conduct training sessions for management, supervisors and workers on health and safety practices and legislation.
- Assist with the rehabilitation of workers after accidents or injuries and make sure they experience a satisfactory return to work.
- Coordinate emergency procedures.
- Develop occupational health and safety systems, including policies, procedures and manuals.
- Estudios mínimos: Licenciado
- Experiencia mínima: Más de 5 años
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced/Proficiency level of English.
- Experience and knowledge in local laws, local regulations, safety laws.
- Site experience of large scale construction projects - minimun 5 years.
- Ability to conduct toolbox meetings.
- Site safety audits.
- Driving license.