To prepare and support electrical tender, outline and detailed design solutions associated with the UU CDP framework.
- Delivering projects in English
- Preparing and supporting structural tender/ outline/ detailed design solutions in accordance with programme and budget constraints
- Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design.
- Liaison with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines
- Mentoring and development of team engineers and technicians.
Candidates should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- A detailed knowledge in the field of electrical and ICA engineering specialising in the Water Industry.
- Significant experience of producing electrical designs for pumping stations and water/ wastewater treatment works including preparation of design drawings, calculations, specifications, WIMES data sheets and Designer's Risk Assessments.
- Significant experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
- In depth knowledge of electrical design standards including BS7671 and experienced user of Amtech Pro Design Suite.
- Experience of high voltage design up to 33kV.
Minimum qualification requirements are:
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng) and Member of the IET.
- MEng qualification.
- UK Water Industry experience in design according to UK codes and standards.
- Design and construction experience in a multidisciplinary, multi-company environment.
- Supervision of mechanical installations on site and commissioning mechanical plant.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English.