To prepare and support Mechanical tender, outline and detailed design solutions associated with the UU CDP framework.
- Delivering projects in English.
- Preparing and supporting mechanical tender/ outline/ detailed design solutions in accordance with programme and budget constraints.
- Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design.
- Liaison with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines.
- Mentoring and development of team engineers and technicians.
- Participation in foreign business trips.
- Continued Professional Development.
- Essential experience required includes producing/reviewing feasibility studies, detailed design and calculation, value engineering, HAZOP & DSEAR studies, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, and reports as well as undertaking site inspections and asset condition assessments. In addition, experience is required in producing/reviewing project documentation Designer's Risk Assessments, engineering specifications, data sheets, P&IDs, plant layout drawings, technical schedules.
- A detailed knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering design and installation, specialising in the Water Industry, in particular significant experience of producing mechanical design for pumping stations and water/wastewater treatment works, in particular pumping systems design and calculation.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Specific experience in the Water Industry, design experience according to UK codes and standards would be an advantage.
- Design and construction experience in a multidisciplinary, multi-company environment is essential.
- Supervision of mechanical installations on site and commissioning mechanical plant would be an advantage.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English.